January 12, 2021
Follow-Up Rail Freight Day 2020
The Rail Freight Day 2020 took place as an online event on 10 December 2020. The day’s agenda is available here.
More than 280 participants joined the event co-organised by the European Commission and RailNetEurope. We would like to thank all contributors, participants and organisers. Please find below the presentation slides and video recordings covering the entire event. As some very active discussions also took place in the meeting chat, we are linking below also a collection of screenshots of all comments, as requested by many participants, as well as the polling results.
Opening of Rail Freight Day & Welcome
Session 1: The Unfulfilled Need for Capacity of Good Quantity and Quality
- Introductory Presentation 1: Results of the RFC Evaluation, Maurizio Castelletti (Slides)
- Introductory Presentation 2: Timetable and Capacity Management Redesign, Paul Mazataud (Slides)
Session 2: Delivering Capacity and Efficiency – The Role of Digital Solutions
- Introductory Presentation 1: Freight Innovation, Geert Pauwels (Slides)
- Introductory Presentation 2: Expectations and Benefits of Full Implementation of 4th Railway Package, Josef Doppelbauer (Slides)
Opening Afternoon Session
Session 3: Delivering High-Quality Transport Services to Freight Customers
- Introductory Presentation 1: Improvements of Intermodal Operations in a Port – Hamburg as a Good Practice Example, Phantian Zuesongdham (Slides)
- Introductory Presentation 2: Collaborative Decision Making: Can Rail Learn from Aviation?, Christiane Warnecke (Slides)